The Advantages of an Electric Fireplace
If you enjoy the atmosphere created by a fireplace but it isn’t possible or practical to install a wood-burning or gas option in your home, electric may very well be the way to go.
What are some of the advantages?
- If you have pets or small children, open flames can be a safety hazard. With electric, you can keep your family safe while enjoying the beauty of a fireplace.
- Electric fireplaces are less costly than their counterparts. In these days of economic uncertainty, it’s nice to know that you can enjoy a fireplace without the financial commitment and possible home renovations required when installing a gas or wood-burning fireplace.
- No firewood required. Firewood isn’t always readily available. Plus, it can be messy and difficult to store, especially if you have limited space.
- Like all fireplaces, electric units provide supplemental heat and can keep your costs down. Something everyone can appreciate.
- Electric fireplaces last for years and are easier to maintain than other options. Installing an electric fireplace could potentially add to the value of your home, an added benefit if you have plans to move in the future.
Here are three of the electric fireplaces available at My Fireplace.
The Dimplex Opti-Myst Cassette
Functionality and comfort complete the Opti-Myst Cassette from Dimplex. The Opti-Myst Cassette can be installed as a single-sided unit or converted to a see through design that opens the view between rooms. Great for open concept homes!
With design standard features and realistic flame and ember bed, Kozy Heat brings an insert that will stand out in any room.
With unmatched realism and depth, this elegant linear electric fireplace stands apart from the rest. The styling options are endless with over 39 lighting combinations that provide three-dimensional viewing.
To view these and other models, contact either our London or St. Thomas locations: